Frequently Asked Questions
How much are your puppies and do you require a deposit?
- Prices can be found on our adoption page under prices. Yes, we required a NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $700 which goes towards the price of your puppy. Your spot will not be held until your deposit is received.
What happens if we place a deposit and the pregnancy was unsuccessful or there were not enough puppies born?
- Your deposit will be moved to the next available litter.
How do we place our deposit?
- After you fill out your adoption form you can message us via FB or text us at 651-621-4777 to Let us know you are ready to place your deposit. We will then send you information on how to place your deposit via Venmo, Cash app or Zelle. We do not except personal checks.
How and when will our final payment be due?
- If you are picking up your puppy locally we ask that you pay via cash the day of pick up. If you are flying or using our flight nanny we ask that you pay your remaining balance via Venmo, Cash app or Zelle 3 business days prior to the puppy leaving.
Is there tax on a puppy?
- If you reside in Minnesota, yes there will be 7.13% sales tax added to the price of your puppy.
Where are you located?
- We live in Rosemount, Minnesota.
Where are the puppies born and raised?
- Our puppies are whelped in our nursery right off of our family room. Once they turn around 4 weeks old and are ready to start weaning from mama they are then graduated to our large playroom.
How do puppy selections work?
- We try to wait until 3-4 weeks of age to start puppy picks. We do puppy picks in order of deposits received. We take professional quality photos of each puppy and send them in deposit order. We no longer allow in person puppy picks for many reasons but the most important reason is to keep our puppies safe and healthy. We are more then happy to FaceTime or video chat with you to help you make your selection. We just ask that you narrow it down to 2 puppies prior to our FaceTime.
Are we able to come visit our puppy in person?
- Unfortunately, we no longer allow visitors for a couple reasons. First, of course being due to Covid, we want to do everything possible to protect your family as well as ours. Second, we need to do everything possible to keep our puppies safe. They are very much like newborns and do not have the immunities to fight germs and infections. Parvo is our biggest scare, it can kill a puppy in less then 24 hours and it can live on clothing and shoes. Parvo can be picked up anywhere, the pet store, the vet, another Breeder’s property or anywhere an infected animal has been. Once on a property it can take years to get rid of.
Will we be able to tell the personalities of the puppies when it is our turn to pick?
- It is pretty hard to tell what a puppy’s personality will be like prior to 7-8 weeks of age. A lot of temperament and personality is developed after they go home.
Do we get pictures and videos of our new puppy?
- Yes, we try to do pictures at 3, 5 and 7 weeks old.
Will our puppy be exposed to crate training and potty training?
- Yes, we introduce the puppies to the crate around 6 weeks of age. All of our puppies are litter trained starting around 4 weeks of age. We use a combination of pine bedding and alfalfa pellets for litter training to make the transition to going potty outside easy.
Will our puppy get their first set of shots and have a vet check prior to going home?
- Yes, actually your puppy will receive 2 sets of shots prior to going home, at 6 and 8 weeks old. Your puppy will also be dewormed at 2, 4, 6 and 8 weeks of age. Your puppy will have a nose to tail check up with the vet at 7 weeks old.
Will our puppy be microchipped before going home?
- Yes, your puppy will be microchipped at 7 weeks old. You will still have to register the microchip after brining your puppy home.
Will our puppy come with any kind of health guarantee?
- Yes, we offer a 1 year health guarantee against life threatening congenital disorders.
How does your waitlist work?
- We have 1 master list for each size and breed. As we have litters come we go down our waitlist in order of deposits received. For example if you are #14 on our mini Sheepadoodle list it may take 2 or 3 litters before you get a puppy. So, if the first litter had 7 puppies you would move up to #7 for the second litter. If the second litter had 5 puppies then you would move up to #2 for the third litter.
What age will our puppy be able to come home?
- Your puppy will be able to go home at 8 weeks of age as long as we feel they are ready.
We live out of state, what are our options to get our puppy here?
- You are welcome to fly to the MSP airport and we can meet you there. If that is not an option we do have a flight nanny. Flight nanny prices are $600-800. Our flight nanny will fly in cabin with your puppy right by their side. They will meet you right at baggage claim to get your puppy.